- Don’t forget your passport! You must show this along with your admission ticket upon arrival. Oh yes, and a nice extra: afterwards you can have an official Machu Picchu stamp in your passport at the exit.
- It’s officially forbidden to bring food inside. There is no baggage check so we had brought some sandwiches / snacks. We were very happy with this, you can’t buy food / drinks inside, only at the entrance. So take enough water with you!
- There are no toilets! Only at the entrance so go before the ticket control to the toilet and don’t drink too much.
- Selfie sticks and drones are prohibited at the Machu Picchu. There are guards walking around who pay attention to this. We were approached, but luckily we had already taken our selfie.
- Altitude sickness: the Machu Picchu is located at 2450 meters altitude, just below the altitude sickness limit of 2500 meters, so that the risk of altitude sickness is low. Cusco is higher, at an altitude of 3399 meters, and you will probably notice this. That’ss why we recommend taking it easy for the first few days so that your body can get used to the altitude.
Heb je vragen of opmerkingen over deze blog? Staat er een fout in? Laat het ons weten! Zodoende help je ons (en andere reizigers) de informatie up-to-date te houden. Stuur een berichtje op social media of vul ons contactformulier in . Thanks anyway!